The British Council is a quasi-autonomous non-governmental organisation based in the United Kingdom which specialises in international educational and cultural opportunities. It is a non-departmental public body, a public corporation incorporated by royal charter, and is registered as a charity in England and Wales and in Scotland.
The British Council in Indonesia is recruiting for the post of:
REGIONAL CONTRACT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER Jakarta
From IDR 14,500,000 gross monthly salary, negotiable depending on qualifications and experience, plus excellent benefits
The post holder will work with Director Programmes to pursuit new development contract and co-funding opportunities in the East Asia region, maintaining and developing the business plan to ensure resources are in place and targets are achievable. This position is offered for a fixed period of 2 year initial contract (renewable)
Key duties of this post include:
* Project identification: tracking new opportunities in East Asia
* Project pursuit: leading proposal development and submissions
* Capacity development of regional staff to track, pursue and submit proposals
* Quality control and review of new contracts in support of country teams
* Financial and budget management
The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate:
* At least five years experience of leading proposal management and winning international development contracts and managing projects with international development agencies
* Strong sense of achievement and customer service orientation
* The ability to work as part of a team
* Strong written and oral communications in English (IELTS: overall 6.5)
PROGRAMMES OFFICER (CREATIVITY) Jakarta
From IDR 8,885,000 gross monthly salary and excellent benefits
The post holder will work with the Programme Manager Creativity in the delivery of high quality arts and creativity programmes in Indonesia. This will be achieved through close collaboration with partners in order to develop closer cultural links between UK and Indonesia as well as the promotion of UK’s arts and creativity.
This position is offered for a fixed period of 1 year initial contract (renewable)
Key duties of this post include:
* Project development and delivery
* Monitoring & evaluation of programmes. projects and events
* Communications & Relationship management with partners and stakeholders
* The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate evidence of :
* Strong sense of achievement in project delivery and customer service orientation
* Experience of building and maintaining relationship for influence
* Capacity to compile, analyse and disseminate information from different resources
* Ability to work flexibly with high accountability
* Strong knowledge and experience in managing arts & cultural events
* An English language IELTS score of 6 0
A copy of the full job description and the application form for each position can be downloaded from our website at www.britishcouncil.or.id you should return a completed application form through E-mail: email@example.com by stating the job title as the E-mail subject.
Closing date for receipt of applications for both positions is by 16:00 on Friday 29 October 2010. It is essential that candidates use the application form. The British Council does not accept CVs in place of the completed application form and it is unable to respond to telephone enquiries.
Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be short-listed for interview
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.