Oracle Corp. (Nasdaq: ORCL) is the world's leading supplier of software for information management, and the world's second largest independent software company. With annual revenues of more than $9.7 billion, the company offers its database, tools and application products, along with related consulting, education, and support services, in more than one hundred forty five (145) countries around the world. Headquartered in Redwood Shores, California, Oracle is the first software company to develop and deploy 100 percent internet-enabled enterprise software across its entire product line: database, server, enterprise business applications, and application development and decision support tools. Join the largest provider of software for e-business! Our clients include the nation's top 100 companies, government agencies, multinational corporations as well as small to medium businesses. If you belong to the country's best IT professionals and you're looking for great challenges in your career, it's time to become part of our winning team.
Field Support Engineer
Technical generalist responsible for providing the first line of field system support that includes hardware, software and networking to customers and field personnel on-site or remotely. Provides a high level of customer satisfaction through the effective delivery of technical support and service programs. Customer support requirements may include product performance / maintenance, product installation, site planning and professional services. Pro-actively coordinates resources, problem resolution, problem escalation, and the use of system level diagnostics. Understands service processes and options that are linked with the customers’ requirements. Has the ability to identify and solve a wide range of problems. Requires a 24-hour commitment to support customer’s requirements that may also be fulfilled by participation in the country standby rotation. To be stationed in customer site to provide product support if require.
* Provides post-sales product break-fix support on Oracle Sun products, attached products or those using one or more operating systems technology (Mainframe, server, storage, UNIX/Solaris, Windows, etc.)
* Creates an excellent customer experience by maintaining strong relationships through the demonstration of superior communication, interpersonal technical skills.
* Acts as a technical resource to our support personnel during problem investigation and resolution
* Provides on-site verification of HW/SW.
* Acts as an interface between customers and other Oracle engineers, using Call/Case Management tools to update all involved parties of activities and status.
* Provides support to Strategic Partners on service calls.
* Assists in developing, reviewing, and implementing hardware and software installation plans for customers
* Performs installation of products, patches and firmware per Enterprise Installation Standards
* Performs problem isolation and resolution, utilizing diagnostics tools, system software, and other tools as appropriate
* Follows Oracle processes involving Spare parts usage and the return within a timely manner. Uses economic delivery options.
* Assists customers with the proper operation of products, support tools, and the use of Oracle's service infrastructure
* Reviews and manages case queues and facilitate activities toward the timely / successful closure of open cases
* Assists customers with information to pro-actively manage their Sun system Software/Hardware/Firmware revision levels
Experience and Competencies
* Minimum 3-4 years experience in Field Services Delivery
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to self manage and prioritize workload
* Strong technical knowledge in Sun product
* Solaris Certified
* Architecture knowledge of Sun system hardware
* Excellent escalation management skills
* Strong Problem resolution skills
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Negotiation and influence skills
* Customer focus
* Play a strategic role in improving Customer Satisfaction.
University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other related field or equivalent combination of training and experience and 3-4 years of directly related experience .
Suitable candidates are encouraged to apply. Interested applicants can learn more about the role and apply to it by sending email to email@example.com.