The United States diplomatic mission to Indonesia is headed by the Ambassador of the United States, who is the personal representative of the President. U.S. Foreign Service posts in Indonesia are the U.S. Mission in Jakarta, the Consulate General in Surabaya and the Consular Agent in Bali. The U.S. Mission in Jakarta consists of the Embassy, the United States Agency for International Development, the U.S. Department of Commerce, the Foreign Agricultural Service, the Office of the Defense Attaché (Army, Navy, and Air attaches), the Military Attaché for Defense Programs, the Naval Medical Research Unit #2 (NAMRU-2), and the Library of Congress. The Ambassador is assisted by the Deputy Chief of Mission in directing and coordinating all Mission activities.
U.S. Embassy, Jakarta has a vacancy for Media Analyst (FSN-54/2010). The incumbent’s primary function is to collect, monitor, and translate/transcribe information from the Indonesian media and publication vendors in order to create products and provide services in response to customer requirements, based on office priorities.
* University degree is required.
* Minimum three (3) years experience as English Language Instructor, English Translator, advertising or marketing representative, or journalist is required.
* Strong critical- and analytic-thinking and English-writing skills. Level IV (fluent) in speaking/reading/writing both in English and Bahasa Indonesia are required. Have the ability to translate accurately from Indonesian media into English at an appropriate pace and volume.
* Must have strong knowledge of Indonesia’s history and geography and the political, economic, cultural, military, and biographic environments. Basic knowledge of U.S. foreign policy toward Indonesia and strong interest in international affairs.
* Must have basic organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks with short deadlines as well as excellent interpersonal and team skills. Capable of learning both how to monitor media and how to manage complex on-site and virtual team operations.
* Must be familiar with existing and emerging Internet/multimedia technologies.
Should you fulfill all the qualifications above, kindly send your application and complete CV to:
Human Resources Office, U.S. Embassy Jakarta,
Jalan Medan Merdeka Selatan No. 3 – 5 Jakarta 10110
(Please put the position on the left side of your envelope) or email to: JKTrecruitment@state.gov (max. 500kb in .PDF format).
CLOSING DATE: July 28, 2010