Smith International Inc. is a leading global supplier of premium products and services to the oil and gas exploration and production industry. As a result of continued growth in the Asia Pacific region, our Drilling and Evaluation (D&E) unit is currently seeking Field Engineers to be based in our Jakarta operations.
Our D&E unit provides a comprehensive range of products including Well Bore Departure/Rotating Control Devices (RCD)/Smith Borehole Enlargement (SBE)/Impact and Bottom Hole Assembly (SHA) drilling tools.
* Degree/Diploma in a technical field. Candidates with no formal qualifications but with a proven record of related technical training achievements will be considered
* Possess good understanding of drilling concepts with at least 3 years off shore experience running a variety of downhole tools at rigs
* Proficient in both verbal and written English and MS Office applications
* Possess strong interpersonal and analytical skills with the ability to work independently and handle customers cordially
* Must be able to work in other locations as and when required
* Possess a valid driving license and able to travel on short notice
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the right candidate. The selected candidate will also have the opportunity to gain invaluable work exposure through Smith’s products and jobs as well as career advancement opportunities. Applicants who meet the above criteria and up for this challenge are invited to send in a detailed resume with their contact details by 4th December 2009 to:
Only candidates with proven drilling rig experience need apply